The Chinese are known to be thoughtful and diffident rather than outgoing.
The important aspect of talking to Chinese girls is you need to leave preconceptions behind.
Sometimes, you might be surprised as girls talk to you first. Read this article and find out why.
They are all individuals and each girl you meet is going to have their own set of unique characteristics.
- 1. Maintain Her Interest In You, How?
- 2. Compliment in details
- 3. Prepare funny cheesy jokes
- 4. Start with few simple Chinese words
- 5. Show that you’re interested in her culture
- 6. Show her that you are caring
- Opening lines you should never use
- Frequentely Asked Questions: FAQ
Here are golden rules about getting to know them with conversation.
1. Maintain Her Interest In You, How?
Ask her politely to show you her recent post on her social page (wechat moment).
You will learn about her hobbies and interests and you will find one or two things you have in common.
For example, if she is a fan of Adele and you only know one or two songs from Adele. Don’t worry.
You can start the conversation with “I really like the song from her called “hello”, do you want to listen to this song with me right now?”
This is a great start. 😊
2. Compliment In Details
Chinese girls love to be told that they are attractive to you.
What you should be focused on letting her know is the extent to which you find her attractive.
Simply saying you have beautiful eyes are not so cool anymore.
You need to show her you spot on the details she prepared for today’s outfit or makeup.
For example, if the color of her outfit today stands out, you can say ” I like the color matching of your clothes, this orange color suits well with your skin tone.”
If she is into the basic colors like grey,white and black, you can comment something “I like the classic look of you a lot. “
She will interprete it as “This man paid attention on me and we have same taste in fashion.”
3. Prepare Funny Cheesy Jokes
It’s a trend going on among Chinese to express their affaction towards each other through cheesy pick up lines.
In Chinese we say “土味情话“. Show her you got great humor.
Here Are More Girls-Proved Ones That Will Work:
- Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I will give it back.
- Do you like water? That means you already like 70% of me.
- How do you spell “menu”? It’s me and u.
- I am cute and you are pretty. Together we are pretty cute.
- Is your name wifi? Because I feel connection.
If you want to challenge yourself to use pick up lines in Chinese. This is the video for you:
4. Start With Few Simple Chinese Words
Even if you only know a few phrases, any Chinese girl would be impressed if you speak to them in Chinese when you first approach them.
Starting off with “你好” meaning “Hi” in Chinese is already a good impression made.
Later you can extend the conversations by asking them how to say “nice to meet you” in Chinese and how to say “cute” in Chinese.
The talk will go on and on…
5. Show You’re Interested In Her Culture
Ask her where she is from in China. If you know something famous from her hometown, share with her straight.
If not, just pick up your phone and check wikipedia then share with her what you just learnt about her hometown.
She will be more than happy to introduce you more about her home city.
And you can ask her to show some photos from there.
6. Show Her You Are Caring
If she mentions some problems at her work or her personal life, always ask her if anything you can do to help.
Or you had similar experience, share with her.
It will bring you two closer and make some connections.
If she tells you she is going to do some fun activities next just ask her to share pictures or let you know her experience.
Opening Lines You Should Never Use
- Don’t just say “you are cute”. She gets it all the time. That is so boring. Instead, be more creative and stand out from the crowd. Compliment her sense of style, her education, or her career choice.
- Avoid one word greeting like “Hi” or “Hey” then left her speechless. Don’t be so lazy and start making a creative opening line like “Ni Hao, Can you help me finish this line? I look cute and you are ___.”
- No sexually explicit questions, do not ask her if she wants to go home with you if you just meet her for the first time.
Frequentely Asked Questions: FAQ
If you want to impress a Chinese girl just to be a good listener and conversation maker. Just be your normal self and be confident. Ask things about herself like her favorite places to go to or learn things about her hometown.
Dating is allowed in China. For Chinese girls who are western influenced, you can hang out like friends at the first place but if you date with traditional Chinese, you need to take each date seriously.
The dating age in China is 14 years old.